Food and Beverage – Steward
Overview of Sector
The Food & Beverage Service Steward is responsible for efficiently and courteously serving food and beverage to guests of hotel, restaurant, canteens and banquet functions.
The individual at work greets and seats the guests;takes down their orders; serves them with tableware, food, beverages, andaccompaniments; finally clears the used dishes and settles the customer’saccounts as per the company’s policy.
- Plan for serving food and beverages
- Greet customer, take orders and serve
- Clean tables and counters
- Deal with customer payment
- Resolve customer service issues
- Communicate with customer and colleagues
- Maintain customer-centric service orientation
- Maintain standard of etiquette and hospitableconduct
- Follow gender and age sensitive service practices
- Maintain IPR of organisation and customers
- Maintain health and hygiene
- Maintain safety at workplace