Sewing Machine Operator
Overview of Sector
A Sewing Machine Operator, also called a ‘Stitcher or Machinist’ is an important job-role associated with Apparel sector. The primary responsibility of a machinist is to stitch/ sew fabric, fur, or synthetic materials to produce apparels.
A Sewing Machine Operator should have good eye sight, eye-hand-leg coordination, motor skills and vision (including near vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to change focus).
- Carryout Stitching activities using machine or by hand
- Contribute to achieve product quality in stitching operations
- Maintain work area, tools and machines
- Maintain health, safety and security at workplace
- Comply with industry, regulatory and organisational requirements